Sunday, July 17, 2011

blueberry yogurt muffin 1

I bought 3 punnets of blueberries last Friday (way too many, I got carried away), getting ready to try out this blueberry muffin recipe I found on Gourmet Girl1's blog during the weekend. I was attracted to the simple steps and the low oil to flour ratio of the recipe.

I was keen too to try out the lovely small muffin paper cups I bought from Daiso recently. Surprisingly, the new relocated Daiso store at Plaza Singapura carries quite a range of baking materials.


Blueberry Yogurt Muffin (made 18 standard muffins)

3 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups blueberries

1. Preheat oven at 175 degree C.
2. Sift all dry ingredients and set aside. Toss blueberries with 1 tbsp of flour an set aside.
3. Whisk all wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix til just barely combined. Add blueberries and mix lightly. Do not over mix.
5. Top with baking sugar and bake for 20 mins.

I used 2/3 of the portion stated since it was my first try and I also cut the sugar down to 1/2 cup for the 2/3 portion. I skipped the sprinklering of sugar on top as well since I just wanted something basic for the muffin.

The muffins turned out to be really moist, soft and delicious. Both hubby and I found the sweetness just nice for our taste bud, so the reduction of sugar worked for us. And because the paper cups I used were smaller than standard size, I yielded many more small muffins. I brought about a third for my cousin's twin daughters when I met them later that day.

I love these blueberry muffins and I think I will definitely be making them again in near future.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...