Thursday, July 21, 2011

blueberry yogurt muffin 2

I was flipping through a recipe book titled The Delicious Cookbook by Matthew Drennan given to me by one of my colleague/friend and discovered a dog-earred page with raspberry muffins recipe. I must have intended to try out the recipe in the past.

I was immediately attracted to the recipe when I saw that for a total portion that will make 12 muffins, the recipe uses only 2 tablespoon of oil! Better still, the recipe also uses yogurt, which I like.

With 2 punnets of blueberries left in the fridge, I tried adapting the recipe to make blueberry muffin instead. This time round, I got slightly bolder and tried replacing some of the flour with wholemeal flour and since I am not exactly a very stick to the rules baker, I converted the metric (gram) in the original recipe into 'cup' in the recipe below that I used for these muffins.


Blueberry Yogurt Muffin

1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp oil
3/4 cup natural yogurt
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp honey (I added this bcoz the particular brand of yogurt I bought is very sour)
1 cup blueberries

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Line muffin tray with paper cups.
2. Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl, then make a well in the middle.
3. Put all wet ingredients in another bowl and whisk until mixed, pour into the well in the flour mixture. Mix together working from the center, blending the flour into the egg mixture a little at a time. Mix well.
4. Fold in the blueberries and mix lightly.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


The muffins came out beautifully. They were tasty, totally not oily and bcoz of the wholemeal flour, has a different texture from the blueberry yogurt muffin 1 (BYM1) that I tried few days ago. Surprising, with so little oil used, these muffins were actually quite moist, though not as moist as BYM1. BYM 1 has a very fluffy texture and is slightly more delicate in taste compared to BYM 2.

Which one do I prefer? If I have to choose, I think maybe BYM2 for breakfast and as regular bake since the recipe is definitely much more healthy and maybe BYM1 when I need a 'pamper myself' moments :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...